EP156: The Change Show
- In Today’s episode, I read a checklist from the book, What to Say When You Talk To Yourself by Shad Helmstetter
- The book is all about rewiring your brain with positive thoughts and self-talk. I highly recommend it.
- The checklist is to introduce positive habits and self-talk as change happens from within.
- What you feed your mind is what you become. Feed it positivity and the world around you will change.
Buy Book on Amazon:
What to Say When You Talk to Your Self by Shad Helmstetter Ph.D
https://amzn.to/3bGMbkj (affiliate link)
Listen to Podcast
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
Mike Murphy Unplugged
Curious about my gear and stuff?
Podcast Host & Player:
Amazon Alexa Tip
Did you know that you can listen to Kindle Books on using your Amazon Alexa App or listen on the Echo or Dot smart speakers?
I buy the Kindle edition of books (including this book) for usually $3.99 or less and listen on the Alexa App on my phone just like I would an Audible book or podcast.
EP156: The Change Show
Quote From Book What To Say When You Talk To Yourself:
Whatever you put into your mind in one way or another, is what you will get back out, in one way or another.
What does your self-talk sound like?
Are you kind and positive and encouraging when you talk to yourself?
Do you beat yourself up over all the things?
- The endless to-do list that you can’t seem to ever finish
- The projects that you never seem to have time for
- The failed attempts at getting in shape
- The inability to get ahead financially, etc.
- I am not good at…
- I struggle with…
- I just can’t seem to…
- I’m not cut out for…
Ways to Create Positive Change (The Checklist)
Source: What to Say When You Talk to Your Self by Shad Helmstetter Ph.D
- Believe In Yourself
- Keep Your Priorities Straight
- Take Responsibility For Yourself
- Create Your Own Future
- Meditate Daily
- Practice Mindfulness
- Focus On What You Want
- Attract What You Desire
- Learn To Visualize The Outcome Of Your Goals
- Never Let Anyone Control Your Destiny For You
- Be Creative
- Think Big
- Control Stress
- Be Aggressive And Assertive
- Think Positively
- Chart Your Own Course
- Set Specific Goals And Review Them Often
- Spend Some Time Each Day Improving Your Mind
- Review Your Results And Readjust As Necessary
- Be Tolerant
- Do Everything With Love
- Don’t Hate
- Have Courage
- Recognize That Most Of What We Believe About Life Is An Illusion
- Be Honest
- Work Hard
- Believe Money Is Good And It Will Come To You
- Have Faith
- If You Agree To Do It, Enjoy It
- Be Strong
- Show Affection
- Manage Your Time
- Dress Right
- Learn To Sell Yourself
- Take Time Off
- Believe In A “Higher Self”
- Eat Right
- Live Prudently
- Seek The Aid Of Others Who Are In Sympathy With Your Goals
- Give Assistance To Others
- Keep Motivated
- Be Optimistic
- Trust Others And Be Worthy Of Trust
- Recognize That Success Is More Than Money
- Be Kind
- See the “Big Picture”
- Take Care Of The Details
- Get Organized
- Don’t Procrastinate
- Stay In Control
- Keep Fit
- See Problems As “Opportunities”
- Learn Everything You Can About Your Job
- Don’t Be Afraid Of Success
- Be Generous To Others
- Believe In God
- Reach A Little Higher Than You Thought You Could
- Set Your Sights
- Take Action
- Never Give Up
Gandhi said it best:
“Be the Change You Wish to See in The World”
Episode Notes for The Change Show:
I Help People Figure Things Out
- My name is Mike Murphy, I’m a one-man-band and podcaster.
- I make podcasts and tutorials that teach people how to make better content.
- I also work full-time as a product support specialist at Simplecast
Amazon Associates Disclosure: Mike Murphy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com