The easy way to add emojis in Screenflow
Do you use Screenflow to make screencasting videos?
Do you want an easy way to add Emojis to your Screenflow videos projects?
What You Will Learn:
- This tutorial will show you how to add emojis and symbols to your Screenflow 9 projects. Once you add emojis, you can customize them just like Text, add animations using Screenflow actions, etc.
- Note: There is a Video Tutorial at the bottom if you want to skip the text.
What Is Screenflow 9?
- Screenflow is for Macs only and is a screencasting and video editing application that I use to make all of my tutorials and online courses. Screenflow allows you to record your screen, iOS Devices, and your webcam and audio devices.
- To try or buy Screenflow 9, you can go visit Telestream or use my link: https://mikemurphy.co/screenflow (affiliate link)
The Emoji Keyboard Shortcut:
The easy-to-forget Mac keyboard shortcut for adding Emojis on Macs in most applications is: Ctrl + Cmd + Spacebar
How To Add Emojis & Symbols to Screenflow 9:
- Open Screenflow Project
- Go to Inspector Panel
- Tap ‘T’ for Text Property
- Click on ‘+’ to add a Text Layer to Screenflow Timeline
5. Click on ‘Edit’ in the Top Menu and highlight ‘Emoji & Symbols’
6. Click ‘Emoji & Symbols’ to open ‘Character Viewer’
7. Select/Highlight Text on Screenflow Canvas
8. Double-click on any Emoji in the Character Viewer. Add as many as you want. This is just a text layer so the emojis act as any other letter in a text field.
9. Use T in Inspector to format and customize
– Size of Emoji (Font)
– Backdrop On/Off (Color)
– Build In/Out Animations
10. Use Video Properties to change Scale and more
11. Add Video +Actions to add animation
12. Add or Save Style Presets for Emojis to use in other projects.
13. Explore other properties to add motion and effects to emojis