#328: How To Export Google Chrome Bookmarks and Import to Notion
Import Bookmarks to Notion
Purpose of Tutorial:
This tutorial will show you how to export Google Chrome Bookmarks and import them into Notion.
Why Woud You Want to Do This?
- To backup your Google Chrome Bookmarks
- To organize and de-clutter Google Chrome Bookmarks
- Bookmarks allow you to save your favorite and frequently visited websites, so add them to Notion and use as reference material in your knowledge hub or resource pages.
- Export Google Chrome Bookmarks
- Open Notion
- Create a New Page
- Import .html file of Bookmarks
Tip: Organize your Bookmarks into Folders on Google Chrome Bookmarks Manager before importing to Notion.
What is Notion?
It is an all-in-one workspace to store digital assets, write articles, take notes, create to-do lists and tasks, databases, wikis, and more. Desktop apps for both Mac & Windows and mobile apps and there is a ‘Web Clipper’ to save snippets to Notion. There is a Free Version and the Pro Plan is $4/mo.
Check out Notion: https://www.notion.so/
How To Export Google Chrome Bookmarks:
- Open Google Chrome Web Browser
- Go to Bookmarks in the top menu
- Click on Bookmarks Manager (Opt + Cmd + B ) or (Alt + Ctrl + B )
- Organize Bookmarks into Folders and Sub-Folders
(Notion will use folders as Headers to keep bookmarks organized)
- Click on 3 dots in the top-right corner of Bookmarks Manager
- Click on Export Bookmarks
- Rename in ‘Save As’ Field
- Save to Desktop or select destination
- Click ‘Save’
- .html file will be saved to…