This is a contact-tracing technology created by Apple & Google that uses Bluetooth on your mobile devices to determine if you have been exposed to someone with Covid-19 and if so you will get notified and provided with guidance on how to get tested, etc. The first step is turning it on and this article will show you how to do so on your iOS Device.
Google and Apple jointly created the Exposure Notifications System out of a shared sense of responsibility to help governments and our global community fight this pandemic through contact tracing (a technique use by public health officials to contact and help anyone who may have been exposed to someone with Covid-19). (source)
- This tutorial will show you how to turn on Exposure Notifications on your iOS Device so your Public Health Authority can notify you of possible exposures to Covid-19 (when available in your local region)
- Exposure Notifications was developed by both Apple & Google
- Uses Bluetooth on mobile devices
- Available on iOS 13.7 or later
- Available on Android
- No Location Tracking
- No Identity Sharing
- Neither Google, Apple, or other users can see your identity
- You are in control of whether to receive
- Only public health authorities can use this system
How Does Exposure Notifications Work? (see infographic below)
- You must first turn on Exposure Notifications on your mobile device (see below for step-by-step instructions).
- Your local public health agency must have an app available that integrates with the Apple & Google Exposure Notifications API.
- Your mobile device will generate a random ID that changes ever 10–20 minutes (for privacy and security)
- Your phones and other phones exchange and save lists of Random IDs using Bluetooth.
- If someone tests positive for Covid-19, they will enter test…