Pre-launch submission process as of August 2020
Note as of August 2020: Podcasts on Amazon Music & Kindle have not launched yet. At this time, you are submitting your show so it will be available at the time of launch. This process may change and you can also check with your podcast hosting provider for updates on distribution and integration.
What You Will Learn:
- This tutorial will show you how to submit your podcast or multiple podcasts to Amazon Music & Audible directory.
- The podcast directory from Amazon has not launched yet but if you submit early your show should be available upon launch.
- You can submit up to 20 shows using the form. If you need to submit more than 20 shows, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Link to Submit:
What You Will Need to Submit:
- Title of Show (s)
- RSS Feed URL for each show you want to submit
- Email Address used in RSS Feed (This is usually found in ‘Show Settings’ at your podcast hosting provider)
How To Submit Podcast to Amazon Music & Audible:
- Visit this link: https://mikemurphy.co/amazonmusic
- Read FAQs
- Click ’Next’
- Select Number of Podcast RSS Feeds you want to submit (up to 20)
If you have over 20 shows, email: email@example.com
- Enter Name of Podcast (for each show)
- Enter RSS Feed URL (for each show)
- Click Next
- Enter Your Full Name
- Enter the Email Address in your RSS Feed (this is managed at your podcast hosting company and usually found in ‘Show Settings’)
- Select your Podcast Hosting Provider (for me that is Simplecast)
- Select country your podcast is in or for
- Read CONTENT LICENSE AGREEMENT
- Check Yes or No
- Click Next
- Thank you for your submission!
- Check Yes or No to participate in the creator community
- Click ‘Next’
- Wait for Approval Confirmation!
FAQs from Amazon Music Website:
Q: Why should I put my podcast on Amazon Music and Audible?
A: Amazon Music is one of the largest on-demand streaming music services with over 55 million customers and growing rapidly. It is also integrated with Alexa, delivering a best in class experience for smart speaker users. Audible is the most popular audiobooks service in the world with a large and loyal customer base that loves great storytelling. For content creators, enabling your content to be distributed on Amazon Music and Audible helps you to grow your audience by reaching these customers, many of whom will be new to podcasting.
Q: Does Amazon Music/Audible rehost my content?
A: No, we will stream directly from your hosting provider so all your metrics will be unaffected and if you are running advertising through a dynamic ad insertion system, things will work the same as on other podcasting services.
Q: When and where are podcasts launching on Amazon Music/Audible?
A: We are not announcing a launch schedule at this time. Stay tuned for more information. This is a global distribution agreement and we may distribute your content everywhere Amazon Music/Audible is available.
Q: How will I know when my podcast is available on Amazon Music/Audible?
A: If you submit your podcast now it is likely that it will be included at launch. Initially, the best way to know if your podcast is available will be to search for your show on Amazon Music/Audible once podcasts are launched.
Q: I have more questions about my podcast and Amazon Music/Audible. Who can I contact for support?
A: For questions about your podcast on Amazon Music/Audible, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for support. We try to respond to all requests within 72 hours.