Slow down or Speed Up Playback in Browser & App
Do you want to consume more content in a shorter amount of time?
Do you like listening to podcasts at a faster speed?
Do you ever wish you could slow down a YouTube video to watch in more detail?
YouTube: How To Change Playback Speed
This article will show you how to change the playback speed when watching or listening to YouTube videos in a web browser or on the mobile app (iOS for this tutorial).
How to Change YouTube Playback Speed (Browser)
- Open Web Browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc)
- Go to YouTube.com and play video of choice
- Click on the Gear icon (settings) in the lower right corner
- Click on ‘Playback Speed’
- Select Slower (0.25,0.5, 0.75) or Faster (1.25, 1.5, 1.75, 2x)
- Select ‘Custom’ in the top right to use a slider to fine-tune the speed
- Repeat the process to change to another speed or return to Normal (1x)
How to Change YouTube Playback Speed (iOS App)
Note: This tutorial uses iOS App, but will work similarly on Android.
- Open the YouTube app on iOS Device
- Select & Play a Video
- Tap the 3 dots in the top-right corner
- Tap on ‘Playback Speed’
- Select Slower (.25,.50, .75) or Faster (1.25, 1.5, 1.75, 2x)
- Repeat to change to another speed or return to Normal (1x)