301: Screenflow 8: Export Animated Gifs To Use In Medium Stories
Learn how to export quick animations from a Screenflow Timeline
Animated GIFs work great in Medium Stories for tutorials, previews, teasers, artwork and illustrations, etc. Upload GIFs as a picture in Medium or anywhere.
This Tutorial (what you will learn):
How to make a selection in a Screenflow project/timeline and export the selected range as an animated GIF.
Try or Buy Screenflow (affiliate link):
- GIFs should not be long (Under 15 seconds)
- When Exporting, Use Resolution % to change dimensions and balance file size.
- Drag GIFs in a browser window to test how they look
- Use ‘Scale’ to Zoom In on area of video you want to highlight.
- Callouts in Screenflow work great to Zoom & Highlight areas of focus.
Screenflow 8: How To Export Quick Animated GIFs
- Open a Screenflow Project or drag video on timeline
- Drag playhead to beginning of clip where you want to start animation
- Press the Shift Key and drag out selection to end of animation (selection in blue) Note: You can also select In & Out Points by tapping ‘i’ for In & ‘o’ for Out.
Bonus Tip: Option + Z clears the In/Out Blue Highlight selection
- Preview Clip by moving playhead to beginning of selection and press Spacebar or click on Play button.
- Drag Playhead to Modify Selection (or use ‘i’ & ‘o’ to change In & Out Points)
- Go to File Menu and Select ‘Export Selected Range’
- Click ‘Manual’
- Click the Preset drop-down menu
- Select Animated GIF
- Save As…Title
- Click Resolution (100% = full size…, select size you want)
Note: The lower the %, the smaller the dimensions and file size.
- Click Export
- Repeat to create as many animated GIFs as you need.
1. Shift + Drag Selection on Timeline that will be your Animated GIF.
2. Export Selected Range as Animated GIF.
Can I Help You?