How to get a floating YouTube video to place anywhere on a Mac
YouTube: Picture in Picture Video on Mac OS
This tutorial will show you how to get a picture-in-picture floating YouTube video on a Mac.
Why would you want to do this? 🤓So you can watch any YouTube video in a floating window that can be resized and placed anywhere on your Mac. This will enable you to work in other apps and keep a YouTube video playing anywhere you want on your screen and at any size that works for you.
- For this tutorial, I am using Mac OS Mojave (10.14.6).
- Learn more about picture-in-picture on a Mac: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206997
- Video tutorial at the bottom if you want to skip text.
The secret to Picture in Picture on YouTube:
1. Ctrl + Click (right-click) one time and you will see a contextual menu
2. Without letting go of Ctrl key, click again and select Picture in Picture.
3. Give it a try. 💪
Tutorial: YouTube Picture in Picture 📺
- Go to YouTube.com and open any video to watch.
- Press the Ctrl key + Click (right-click). You will see a contextual menu.
- Keep your finger on the Ctrl key and click on more time and another contextual menu will appear.
- Select Picture in Picture and click to ‘pop-out’ YouTube video in its own frame
- To Resize video by dragging in or out from the corners.
- To Scale proportionately, press the Option key first and drag corners.
- To Position Click and drag floating video window to move anywhere on the screen.
To Return Floating Video Back to YouTube:
- Hover cursor over the arrow in the bottom right corner video.
- Click ‘Back to Tab’ to return the video to YouTube player.