Control alerts and banners for each podcast in the Apple Podcasts app.
Subscribe to a lot of shows in Apple Podcasts, but not wanting a pop-up notification everytime they get updated? Maybe you only want alerts only for your favorites?
This tutorial will show you how to control notifications for Apple Podcasts iOS.
Apple Podcasts iOS App: Notification Settings
This tutorial will show you how to turn on/off notifications for Apple Podcasts how to turn on/off notifications for individual shows you subscribe to.
- Toggle on/off notifications for individual shows to receive alerts/banners for only shows you choose.
- You will still get the most recent episodes, but you can control the notifications on your iOS Devices.
- Software used at the time of this tutorial: OS 12.4
How to Turn on Notifications for Apple Podcasts:
Start in the ‘Settings’ app and then customize in Apple Podcasts app.
Turn on notifications in ‘Settings’ on iOS Device
- Open Settings App on iOS Device
- Scroll to ‘Podcasts’ (purple icon)
- Click ‘Notifications’ (red)
- Toggle on ‘Allow Notifications’
- Customize ‘Alerts’
- Customize ‘Banner Style’
- Turn on/off Badges
- Customize ‘Options’
- Click on Podcast Notification Settings to open Apple Podcasts App (this step can also be found in Apple Podcasts when in Listen Now. Look for the bell in the top-right corner)
How to Turn on Notifications for Individual Shows
Note: You will see the option to toggle on/off notifications for each show after clicking on ‘Podcast Notification Settings’ in the Settings app (see above) or by clicking on the bell icon when in ‘Listen Now’ in Apple Podcasts.
Turn on Notifications for Individual Shows on Apple Podcasts
- Toggle on/off switch to the right of each show you are subscribed.
- Click ‘Done’ to save settings
- You will only receive alerts and banners from shows that are toggled on.
- To access the notification settings for shows while in Apple Podcasts, click on ‘Listen Now’ at the bottom of the app and tap the purple bell icon in the top-right corner.