Note: There is Video Tutorial is at the bottom of this article if you want the quick version.
The FAQs of Song Lyrics in Instagram Stories:
- Song lyrics are added using the Music Sticker.
- Song Lyrics will automatically display after you select a song in the Music Sticker.
- If lyrics do not display after selecting a song, then they are not available for that song.
- Select a new song until you see lyrics.
- Works in all of the shooting modes (Type, Music, Normal, Boomerang, Focus, Rewind, Hands-Free)
- You can add music lyrics to longer multi-clip videos.
- You can change the song and edit at any time before adding to your story.
- Song lyrics can be added to photos, videos, or boomerangs from your camera roll.
- The duration of the music and lyrics is based on how long the clip is.
- The default duration for photos is 15 seconds.
- The default duration for Boomerangs is 5 seconds.
- The default duration of Superzooms is 4 seconds.
- You can change the color & style of the lyrics.
- You can change the scale & position of lyrics.
- Add embellishments such as brushes, text, and animated gifs.
- Add to Story
How To Add Song Lyrics to Instagram Stories
- Take Photo/Video/Boomerang or Select Camera Roll Footage
- Click Sticker Icon
- Select Music Sticker
- Select Song
- Lyrics will automatically display.
- If lyrics do not display, click on the cover art of song at the very top and pick a new song.
- Duration of Music Clip/Lyrics:
Photos: 15 Seconds
Boomerangs: 5 Seconds
Superzoom: 4 Seconds
Videos: Up to 15 Seconds
Multi-Video: 10 x 15 seconds
- Change duration on still photos by tapping the number 15 in circle
- Change lyrics by dragging one of two sliders at the bottom
- Change color by tapping the color wheel at the top of the screen
- Change the style of text by clicking on text or tapping icons
- Change the song by tapping on cover art at the top
- Click Done
- Drag & Scale Lyrics
- Add Embellishments & Filters to Stylize
- Add To Story or Send