How To Use Close Friends Feature
What is ‘Close Friends’ on Instagram Stories?
- This new feature allows you to share Instagram Stories with a people you add to your ‘Close Friends’ list rather than all of your Instagram Followers.
- Close Friends is different than sending direct messages, which disappear as soon as they are viewed. Close Friends are viewed just like any other Instagram Story.
- Use Case Scenario: Maybe you want to share parts of your Instagram Stories only with family members or college friends or a VIP list for your brand or business.
- You decide who is on the Close Friends list and you can add or remove anytime.
- The Close Friends list is private. Nobody can see who is on your list except you.
How To Add People to Close Friends List
- Profile Icon & Menu in the Upper-Right corner
•Click on your profile icon in the bottom-right corner.
•Click Hamburger Menu (3 lines) in upper right
•Click ‘Close Friends’
•Your List is those you have already added
•Suggestions are your followers on Instagram.
•Click Add to add or Remove to remove.
2. Click Profile Name at Top-Center
Click the drop-down arrow and click the ‘Close Friends’ button
3. Instagram Stories Settings
How To Use Close Friends
- Open Instagram Stories
- Take Photo or Video
- Click on Close Friends button
- If it is the first time using, you will see a pop-up (click Add to List). If there is anyone on your Close Friends list it will share your story as soon as you click on the button.
- When sharing a story, friends will see a red dot below the home button.
- View video below for full walkthrough