Easy Way To Collect & Receive Files from Anyone
Need an easy way for clients to upload files to you?
Send a link to anyone and they can upload files.
Recipient does not need a Dropbox account.
Recipient cannot see content of the Dropbox folder.
Close file requests anytime to restrict uploads.
→The Index of Steps:
- How To Create & Send File Requests
- The Recipient Experience
- Email Notification: New Uploads
- Locate File Request Uploads
- How To Find Link or Invite People
- How To Close File Requests
Note: Video tutorial at the bottom of this article
The Intro to File Requests in Dropbox
Collect & receive files from anyone.
- Create a File Request folder
- Copy link.
- Send via email, text etc.
- Recipients click on the link and upload files to your File Request folder.
- You receive email notification
- Download or share files
- Close File Requests when you want to stop future uploads
— — — — — — — -
→The FAQ’s of File Requests in Dropbox:
- File requests allow you to get files from anyone
- No Dropbox account needed for the person who is uploading
- File uploads can be up to 2GB for Basic accounts (20GB for Plus/Pro)
- Files are private
- All organized in one folder
- People who upload files cannot see anything in your Dropbox
- You must have space in Dropbox to accept files
- Dropbox will email you when new files are uploaded
- Close File Requests anytime
- For more information, visit Dropbox website
→1. How To Create & Send File Requests
- Sign in to the Dropbox website
- Click File Requests in the left sidebar
- Click Request Files Button
- Name the File Request folder in ‘What are you requesting’ box.
- Click the Next button
- On the Send file request screen: Copy link to clipboard, or add email addresses
- Click Done
- Send an email to the recipient and paste the link
→2. The Recipient Experience
- Recipients get email with link
- Clicking opens simple Dropbox website
- Choose from Computer or Dropbox to locate file(s) to upload
- Recipient can add multiple files to upload
- When upload finishes, recipients see ‘Thanks! You’re All Done’
- Option to Submit More Files if needed
→3. Email Notification: New Uploads
- You will receive email notifications from Dropbox for all new file uploads
→4. Locate File Request Uploads
- Click ‘File Requests’ in Sidebar
- Click ‘Open Requests’ Tab
- All file request uploads are stored in the folder associated with the link sent.
- Click folder name to view uploaded files
- Download or share files
→5. How To Find Link or Invite People
- Hover over the file request and click Add People
- Copy Link to Clipboard
- Enter email addresses to send from Dropbox
→6. How To Close File Request
- Hover over the file request and click Edit.
- In the popup, click ‘Close Request’
- This will prevent anyone from uploading anymore files to folder