The New Instagram Identification Cards
Released in October 2018
There is a video tutorial at the end if you want to skip the text instructions.
- Your own unique and customizable Instagram identification card that allows you to share your profile when your Nametag is scanned.
- Original source article: Instagram Blog
- Nametags are scanned using the Instagram Stories Camera.
- Nametags (Instagram) similar to Snapcodes (Snapchat). You point your Instagram camera at them and then you will see the Instagram profile associated with the nametag.
- Nametags are just another option to promote your Instagram profile and invite people to check out your profile.
- Designed to share in real life (coffee shops, conferences…) or post online.
- Personalize with emojis, selfies, and colors.
Step by Step Guide How To Use Nametags:
- Open Instagram
- Tap on the profile icon in the bottom right corner
- Tap on hamburger menu (3 horizontal lines) in the upper right corner
- Tap on Nametag
- This is your unique Nametag (the square in the middle)
How To Personalize:
Tap the pill button up top to scroll through modes (Emoji, Selfie, Color)
- Emoji: Tap background and select new emojis (use search to quickly find an emoji)
- Selfie: Tap the glasses to change looks. Snap a photo of yourself.
- Color: Tap background to change colors.
To Scan Nametags:
- In Instagram, tap camera in the upper left corner.
- Swipe right to access the Instagram Story camera.
- Hold phone over any Nametag and press center of your phone (this is on Instagram’s instructions. I have not tested personally)
- When viewing your personal Nametag, tap ‘Scan a Nametag’
- Scan tags in your Camera Roll (you can access camera roll from the Nametag camera. Look at the center example below).
- Press up arrow and ‘Save Image’ to camera roll.
- Share via text message or mail, etc.
- Post on Social Media
- Print on marketing materials (business cards, apparel, flyers…)
- Share in real life as intended (have people scan your tag with their phone).