Handy feature to speed up editing
What is Track Thumbnail in the new Screenflow 8?
Track thumbnails is a setting you can turn on that puts thumbnails across the video tracks on the Screenflow Timeline. Turning this on makes it easy to see everything in your video by placing screenshots on the tracks in the Timeline.
The default view in Screenflow (the old way) shows one single thumbnail in the beginning of the track and the only way to find a place in the video is to drag the scrubber. With Track Thumbnail turned on, you can simply glance at the timeline and get a graphical overview of everything in the recordings.
Try Screenflow 8 (The screencasting software I use):
To Turn On Track Thumbnail:
- Look for blue icons in the bottom right corner of Screenflow (below Timeline)
- Click on the first blue icon that has an image graphic
There are 4 Options in the pop-up dialog box:
- No Thumbnail
- Single Thumbnail (default) (1 thumbnail in the beginning)
- Track Thumbnail (screenshots in the entire track)
- Show Waveforms (This can be turned on or off independently)
That’s it. Really easy. But good to know about, because I think it will speed up your editing workflow a bit. Watch the video below if you need more visual explanation of it.