Sign Up For Uber & Get $5 off:
*There is a 3-minute video tutorial below the text instructions if you would rather watch than read the instructions.
Uber Scheduling Notes:
- Devices: Uber is available on iOS & Android Devices
- Scheduling Limits: 5 minutes in advance to 30 days in advance
- Pickup Window: 10-minute pickup window. For example, if you want to get picked up at 6:00 am, schedule the ride for 5:50.The driver will arrive between 5:50–6:00.
- $10 Credit: If driver does not pick you up before the 10-minute increment ends, Uber will give you $10 credit towards a future ride.
- Airport Rides: You can book a trip in advance (5 minutes to 30 days) TO the airport, but you cannot schedule a ride FROM the airport
- Rates: You will see the price of your ride when scheduling. Price will be locked in when you confirm the scheduling.
- Modify or Canceling: You can edit your ride by clicking the Menu in upper left corner of app (3 horizontal lines)
- Click Your Trips
- Click the middle table ‘Upcoming’
- Change Date or Time
- Cancel Rides:
If you have been matched with a driver: there will be a cancellation charge
If not matched with a driver: there will be no charge to cancel ride
Instructions: How To Book A Trip in Advance
- Open Uber App on iPhone or Android Device
- In the Destination Box (‘Where To’) Click the Car with Clock Icon
- Select Date & Time you want to be picked up (notice 10-minute window)
- Tap ‘Set Pickup Time’
- Confirm Date & Time is Correct
- Set pickup location (default is your current location. Click to change)
- Set your Destination (‘Where To’)
- Review Fare Estimates
- Pick the option you want (Uber X, Uber XL, Select…)
- Tap ‘Schedule’
Modify or Cancel Ride
- Click the hamburger menu (3 horizontal lines) in upper left
- Click ‘Your Trips’.
- Select Upcoming
- Select ‘Edit Time’ or ‘Cancel Trip’ (free of charge unless you have already been matched with a driver)