Instagram TV Tutorial
IGTV: Titles & Descriptions
This tutorial is going to cover:
- How To Add Titles & Descriptions
- What To Include in Titles & Descriptions
- How To View Titles & Descriptions in IGTV (on your phone)
- How To Change or Edit Titles & Descriptions
Note: There is a 2-minute video tutorial at the end of this article that covers everything in the this article if you prefer to skip ahead.
1. How to Add Titles & Descriptions
You can add Titles & Descriptions on your Phone or Web Browser when uploading videos to IGTV.
Titles: Up to 75 Characters Long
Descriptions: Up to 2200 Characters Long
2. What To Include in Titles & Descriptions?
What is the video about? Duh. (Up to 75 characters long)
- Write a mini-blog post (Up to 2200 characters long)
- Tell a story.
- Share your behind the scenes thoughts or insights.
- Use Clickable @mentions to tag Instagram Profiles
- Use up to 30 Clickable & Searchable Hashtags
- Use Clickable Hyperlinks to Social Media Channels, Podcast, Website, Books, Products & Services, etc:
- Send People to YouTube channel: https://mikemurphy.co/youtube
- Send People to Your Podcast: https://mikemurphy.co/itunes
- Send People to Your Website: https://mikemurphy.co
- Send People to Your Facebook: https://mikemurphy.co/facebook
- Send People to Your Books: https://mikemurphy.co/ebook01
3. How To View Titles & Descriptions in IGTV
- To View Titles on iGTV, click on center of video to go full screen
- To View Descriptions, Tap on downward arrow
4. To Change or Edit Titles & Descriptions:
- Open a Web Browser Only (will not work on mobile devices yet)
- Type in Instagram.com/profilename
- Click IGTV in center tab
- Click Video to change
- Click 3 dots in lower right corner
- Click Edit Video
- Change Title
- Change Description
- Click Save
- Changes will update automatically on phone (be patient as it may take a few minutes. Refresh or force-quit app and re-open if you are impatient 😁)
The Video Tutorial:
Follow on Instagram: @mikeunplugged
Can I Help You?
I create content and help people figure things out.
Check out my YouTube Channel