How to upload videos from the main Instagram app on your phone to Instagram TV (IGTV).
Note: There is a standalone IGTV app where you can also upload videos, but this tutorial is showing you how to add videos to IGTV if you are in the main Instagram app.
Instagram TV Support:
Size Requirements for IGTV Video:
- Orientation: Portrait (Vertical)
- Aspect Ratio: 9:16
- Dimensions (Recommended):1080 pixels wide x 1920 pixels tall
- File Size: Under 650 MB
- Duration:15 seconds long (minimum)….10 minutes long (maximum)
- Verified & Large Accounts: Videos up to 1-hour long (must use web browser to upload. Will not work on mobile devices)
The Steps (How To Upload Videos from Insta to IGTV):
- Open Instagram App 📱
- Click the TV icon in the upper right (next to the paper airplane icon) 📺
- Click on your profile picture in the little circle
(If you do not see your profile picture, click ‘Browse’ near the bottom)
- Click the ➕ symbol
- Choose a vertical video (9:16 aspect ratio, at least 15 seconds and less than 10 minutes long).
- Click Next in Upper Right Corner
- Edit Cover (Add from Camera Roll or Choose from Video)
- Add Title
- Add Description
- Make Visible on Facebook (optional)
- Follow Me on Instagram: mikeunplugged (optional 😁)