Learn. Create. Move Forward.
Today I launched my 100th podcast episode of Mike Murphy Unplugged.
My weekly newsletter always has one quote and a bunch of useless but fun trivia. (sign-up also below the quotes :D)
The 100 Quotes:
- Education is what remains after one has gotten what one has learned in school
- The harder I work, the luckier I get.
- Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
- Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
- Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.
–George Bernard Shaw
- When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.
– Lao Tzu
- If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail
- There are many ways of going forward, but only one way of standing still.
– Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can do what others can’t.
– Jerry Rice
- Try not to become a person of success. Rather become a person of value.
- The two most important days of your life are the day you were born and the day you discovered why.
- We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give
- Don’t wish it were easier, wish you were better.
- Perfection is not attainable, but if you chase perfection, you can catch excellence.
- You can’t stop someone who knows where they’re going.
- Well begun is half done.
- Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
– Dr. Seuss
- Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance, you must keep moving
- Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are usually the ones who do
- I have never had clarity. I have only ever had trust.
- We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
- It is never too late to be what you might have been.
- Never mistake activity for achievement
–Coach John Wooden
- It’s good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters in the end.
- The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.
- Success is like yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
- The harder I work, the more luck I seem to have
- Motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going
- Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
- The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.
- There are no traffic jams along the extra mile.
- Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.
- You can’t build a reputation on what you are going to do.
- Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever
- What one does easily, one does well
- Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.
- Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back.
- We can’t control the sea, but we can learn to surf the waves.
- We don’t see the world as it is, we see it as we are.
- If you don’t know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere
- If you don’t know where you are going, you’ll end up somewhere else.
- I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
- The nature of man is always the same, it is their habits that separate them.
- Knowledge is the antidote of fear.
–Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Necessity is the mother of taking chances
– Mark Twain
- Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked,
while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.
– Bruce Le
- Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.
- If you can’t, you must. If you must, you can.
– Tony Robbins
- Practice like you’ve never won, play like you’ve never lost
– Mithilesh Chudgar
- The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
- Some people feel the rain, others just get wet
– Bob Dylan
- The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.
– Joseph Campbell
- Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.
–Henry David Thoreau
- Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
– Pablo Picasso
- When you’re finished changing, you’re finished.
- And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.
- I am still learning.
–Michelangelo, at age 87
- It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.
- Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
- We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.
- An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.
– Bill Vaughn
- An ant on the move does more than a dozing ox.
- There is no way to happiness — happiness is the way
– Thich Nhat Hanh
- An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
- Those who don’t believe in magic, will never find it.
- Do or do not. There is no try.
- Well begun is half done
- It’s the job that’s never started that takes longest to finish
- Be great in act, as you have been in thought.
– Jean Paul
- It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts.
– John Wooden
- A penny saved is a penny earned.
– Benjamin Franklin
- If you want to awaken all of humanity, awaken all of yourself.
– Lao Tzu
- Deal with the big while it’s still small.
- The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
- When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven’t.
- Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
– Dalai Lama
- The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.
- You don’t have to see the whole staircase. Just take the first step.
- A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.
–Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.
– John D. Rockefeller
- One finds limits by pushing them.
- Even if you are on the right track, You’ll get run over if you just sit there.
- What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?
–Robert H. Schuller
- Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons.
– Woody Allen
- Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it don’t matter.
- Yesterday, you said tomorrow.
- Creativity Is Intelligence Having Fun.
- Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
- Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
- If you focus on what you left behind, then how can you see what lies ahead?
–Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille
- Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams
talk you out of going after yours.
- Patience is the companion of wisdom.
- It doesn’t matter where you start. Only that you begin.
- The secret to happiness is freedom. And the secret to freedom is courage.
- The journey is the reward.
- Be the change you wish to see in the world.
- It is not the load that breaks you down. It’s the way you carry it.
- Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
- The best way to predict the future is to create it.
- Remember to celebrate milestones as you prepare for the road ahead.